Allied health assistants are becoming more popular now in the world of allied health. But what do they really do and what is the future for offering this option in your business? And does this work hand in hand with the NDIS?
In episode 138 of the PPMP podcast, Brad Dent, Director of WHR Allied Health chats with us about running his business in 2 locations, hiring allied health assistants, and so much more. He also tells us about the tools they use in their practice. They have worked with the NDIS since 2013, and despite the changes that it is going through, they continue to adapt and evolve alongside the scheme to get the best results for their clients.
- An overview of WHR Allied Health’s business and team.
- Getting the business side of things sorted.
- His expectations on starting and developing a business.
- Building his team.
- The importance of getting great HR advice.
- Making allied health assistants work for the business, team and the customer.
- Working with clients to understand the value of having an assistant versus an OT.
- The future of allied health assistants in the next year or two.
- What Brad loves about working on his business.
- Managing a business and team with 2 locations.
- The software they use in managing their clients.
- Their customer service team.
- Admin tasks that therapists are doing.
- NDIS in the next two years.
- Frustration in teams related to the changes in NDIS.
- Plans and priorities of the business for the next two years.
- Keeping his team happy.
- Recruitment strategy for Allied Health Assistants
- Tips for business owners.
- Using the Employee Assistant Program
WHR Allied Health