Patrick Pfingsten talks with Michelle Ownbey, publisher of the Springfield Business Journal about the latest happenings in the Springfield business community.
Topics Discussed In This Interview:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill plans to open a second location in Springfield this winter.
- Elizabeth Eckert has opened Bar Bella as part of Bella Boutique.
- An elevated viewing area near the Capitol and a paved trail for pedestrians and bicyclists are among the options that could revitalize neighborhoods and attract business and residential developers to Springfield's urban center along a corridor now used by trains.
- The public is being asked to weigh in on plans to redevelop the Third Street rail corridor, which will be vacated when train traffic in Springfield is transferred to the 10th Street corridor by 2025.
- The city of Springfield is now in the midst of a traffic signal modernization project that includes converting Fourth Street to two-way from South Grand to Dodge and Adams Street from Sixth to Ninth Street. The changes will take place by the end of 2023.
Subscribe to the Springfield Business Journal and their weekly Biz Bites email newsletter.