A LONG TIME AGO ON VERONICA MARS:
- Rob Thomas wrote a mini-pilot for a season 4 that involved Veronica becoming an FBI agent, and guess what! It’s full of awful white guys who don’t seem to do anything and leave all the work to Veronica and her new colleague Nish-In-A-Wig - we mean Callie. Callie! Totally new character!
- Nish goes off to infiltrate a strip club, while Veronica is sent back to high school in a tiny vest, to arrest a pervy principal…
- ...then she goes to question someone about a bomber but he turns out to BE the bomber!
- He’s holding Nish-In-A-Wig at knifepoint, argh what’s going to happen???
- The show’s cancelled, that’s what happens. BUT we've got all your incredible pitches for what could have been in the years between the end of Veronica Mars season 3 and the movie!
Join Jenny Owen Youngs and Helen Zaltzman to investigate Veronica Mars season 4 pitches, real and imagined, for romantic entanglements, shock reveals, redemption arcs, lucrative careers for Mac and Wallace, contentment for Logan, a detective daughter for Weevil, and hot hot Mindy for Jenny.
Content note: Veronica Mars contains heavy themes, and this episode includes storylines concerning sexual assault and violence.
For more about this episode, and to read the transcript, visit the podcast’s official site http://VMIpod.com/veronicainthefbi.
This episode was edited and mixed by Helen Zaltzman; the music is by Martin Austwick and Jenny Owen Youngs.
Find the show @VMIpod on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook - soon on Twitter we will commence Mars Madness 2021, so get ready to cast some completely inconsequential votes.