There were approx 15000 plus films (15858) submitted to Sundance 2023. More than half of them were made by first-time directors.
There were 4,061 feature-length films,1,662 were from the U.S., and 2,399 were international.
Out of this, only 101 feature films had to be selected for the final competition section of the festival. With this rush for making a movie, what are the chances that a worthy film will go unnoticed?
Our guest for this episode is Film critic Jonathan Rosenbaum.
Mr.Rosenbaum was the head film critic for The Chicago Reader from 1987 to 2008. He has published and edited numerous books about cinema and has contributed to such notable film publications as Sight and sound, Cahiers du cinéma, and Film Comment. Regarding Mr. Rosenbaum, French New Wave director Jean-Luc Godard said, "I think there is a very good film critic in the United States today, a successor of James Agee, and that is Jonathan Rosenbaum. He's one of the best; we don't have writers like him in France today. He's like André Bazin."
1) 40 years plus in the landscape of movie-making- what are the most significant changes besides the OTT?
2) Being a part of Sight and sound polls of the best 100 films- what are the criteria for choosing the best for 100-plus years?
3) 15000 plus films got submitted to Sundance, what defines a movie being selected, and with the rush, how many worthy films can go unnoticed? Chances are many!!
4) When we say South Asian Cinema what are the few things that come to your mind?
5) David Cronenberg's Spider and the times of piecing together- Cinema.
6) On Godard and A Woman is a Woman.
7) On the adaptation of literary works (Dostoevsky and Chekhov) for films like Winters Sleep- what does the future hold?
Email id: email@example.com/
You can follow us and leave us feedback on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @eplogmedia,
For partnerships/queries send you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on all the shows produced and distributed by Ep.Log Media are personal to the host and the guest of the shows respectively and with no intention to harm the sentiments of any individual/organization.
The said content is not obscene or blasphemous or defamatory of any event and/or person deceased or alive or in contempt of court or breach of contract or breach of privilege, or in violation of any provisions of the statute, nor hurt the sentiments of any religious groups/ person/government/non-government authorities and/or breach or be against any declared public policy of any nation or state.