Our guest is Renee Warmack, the Producer, Director, and Writer of the documentary Because of Sam. She has several friends with her including the star of the documentary, Sam Piazza; his mother, Ruth Piazza; and Jeffrey Kamis, the Vice President of Media & Public Relations for PDQ Restaurants, where Sam works.
Sam Piazza is a Tampa Hero. Sam has broken barriers and proven that people with disabilities can succeed and inspire others to do more – and be more.
Among Sam’s accomplishments are the following:
* Black belt in karate,
* Global Ambassador for the Best Buddies program,
* Gaither High School's Homecoming King
* Gaither High School basketball's team manager,
* ROTC member in high school,
* Involved in Special Olympics and is an avid weightlifter,
* He's an Equestrian, thanks to Hillsborough County’s Bakas Equestrian Center,
* and now works at PDQ – they’ve even named a menu item after him!
To view the Because of Sam website - Click Here <https://becauseofsamthemovie.com/>
To watch Because of Sam Movie-trailers - Click Here <https://becauseofsamthemovie.com/movie-trailers/>
Jullie Ames Interview with Roger P Schulmann about her book "A Very Special Journey of Grief, Grace, and Gratitude"
2020-06-28 A Very Special Journey of Grief, Grace, and Gratitude – No, They are not Okay… but It’s Okay! Raising Special Needs Kids – a new book by Julie Ames.