In today's episode, I'm joined by John Lindeman, a property market analyst who's been an industry expert for over 20 years.
He shares with us what's the correlation between the interest rates and house prices and why it's a fallacy that people believe that house prices will fall when interest rates go up.
John will explore what is driving up house values and why they should continue to rise with inflation.
Lots of interesting things to discuss, so let’s go inside!
- Introduction [0:00]
- Who is John Lindeman? [02:46]
- Predicted Rising of Interest Rates [04:44]
- Why do Experts Think Rising Interest Rates Lowers Property Value? [05:57]
- What Role Do The Predictions Play in Slowing Things Down? [06:38]
- The Correlation between the Interest Rate and House Prices [07:32]
- Reason for Price Increase Despite No Increase in Rates [09:26]
- Property Types Susceptible to Increasing Interest Rates [11:14]
- What Causes Property Process to Fall? [13:44]
- Importance of Bank Rate Increases [15:07]
- Inflation Awareness [16:07]
- Why Do Investors Hoard Property When Inflation Is High? [18:34]
- Expected Inflation Rate [20:09]
- Factors to Consider for Investors [22:02]
- Free Consultancy with John Lindeman [26:03]
- Outro [27:15]
Thank you for tuning in! If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.
Connect with Perth Property Insider: