Rob Carson, the founder of Semper Sec, knows how to simplify the problem and deliver solutions.
His clients base includes:
- Fortune 200 Companies
- US Government Contractors
- State and Local Governments
- Fuel Retailers
- Software and hardware manufacturers
His distinguished career includes service as a Marine Corps Infantry Officer, as well as leading roles in IT and Security. Before devoting his work full-time to facilitating his client's success, he built highly successful information security programs for ISO 27001:2005/2013, PCI, HIPAA, NIST 800-171, GDPR. He also volunteers his time as the Chief Security Officer for BSIDES Las Vegas, a non-profit educational organization designed to advance the body of Information Security.
- Matt reveals how much he made when he got out of the Marines
- Matt hilariously talks about the nuances he had to deal with when going to the private sector:
- Not saying "Sir" and "Madame"
- Figuring out what to wear
- How being early is too early
- "I wasn't getting shot at... I was working in climate control, you know, so people be all stressed out, and I was like, 'Well, no one's going to die.'"
- "I like to call myself a 'lessons learned enthusiast.'"
- "The hardest job you'll ever get in infosec is that first step in."
- "A first sergeant told me your hobbies should reflect part of your career."
- "You can be outside the box, but you need to stay inside the room."
- Sempersec: https://sempersec.com/
- Rob Carson's LinkedIN Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robcarson1/