According to Scripture, you and I have a real, relentless, and destructive spiritual enemy. The devil and his demons want to destroy us and every good thing in our lives that reveal God's goodness. But while the devil is fierce and conniving, our God is greater. He cannot and will not defeat us because in Christ, we have everything we need to stand firm against our enemies greatest attacks. We are far from helpless victims to the forces of darkness. We are called, loved, and empowered children of God, sheltered in His all-encompassing love.
(Scroll down for discussion reflective questions.)
Find Carol McCracken:
On her website
Find Jennifer Slattery:
On her website
Find Wholly Loved:
On their website
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Facebook Group
- What resonated with you most in this episode?
- When have you most been aware of the existence of evil?
- What fears and anxieties come to mind when you consider the existence of evil?
- In this episode, Carol and Jennifer spoke of the seemingly unconquerable (from a human perspective) force controlling the demon possessed man. When have you felt your difficulties were "beyond hope"?
- What thoughts and feelings arise when you consider the power and authority Jesus revealed over the "legion" of demons?
- How can remembering the strength of the Holy Spirit within you help to bolster your faith and decrease your fears?
- How can remembering the power of God's love surrounding you help to bolster your faith and decrease your fears?
- What is one action step God might be asking you to take, having listened to this episode?