Our world provides numerous reasons for us to feel uncertain and afraid. But Scripture tells us we have an even greater reason to live courageously. We have an all-powerful, loving, faithful God who watches over us, wants the best for us, and has the power to bring that best to pass. In this episode, Bible teacher Mary DeMuth shares a unique approach to Scripture that has greatly helped her experience decreased fear and increased peace.
(Scroll down for discussion/contemplative questions)
Recommended Resource: 90-Day Bible Reading Challenge: Read the Whole Bible, Change Your Whole Life
Connect with Mary DeMuth:
On her website
On her Amazon Author Page
Connect with Jennifer Slattery:
Find Jennifer Slattery:
On her website
Subscribe to her free newsletter
Find Wholly Loved:
On their website
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Facebook Group
- What resonated with you most in this episode?
- What most challenges your Bible reading time?
- When you do read Scripture, how does this impact your understanding of God's nature, heart, and plans?
- How can knowing God better help decrease our fears?
- In this episode, Mary DeMuth encourages readers to read Scripture looking for common threads (such as boldness versus fear). What thread might you find most helpful to look for?
- What anxiety-increasing activity could you replace with Bible reading or listening to Scripture through a podcast?
- What is one action step God might be asking you to take having listened to this episode?