We've all done and said things we wish we hadn't. Past poor decisions might even have caused people close to us to reject or abandon us. We might even expect God to do the same, or at the very least, to rescind our call. But as Max Lucado shares in this episode, God doesn't and won't give up on us. He sees us, our weakness and sin included, loves us, and showers us with His grace.
(Scroll down for discussion/reflective questions.)
Resource referenced: God Never Gives Up on You: What Jacob's Story Teaches Us About Grace, Mercy, and God's Relentless Love Kindle Edition
Connect with Max Lucado:
On his website
Find Jennifer Slattery:
On her website
- What resonated with you most in this episode?
- When have (or do) you most struggled to accept God's grace?
- How can reflecting upon the grace God showed to biblical characters such as Jacob help us better understand or accept His grace for us?
- What thoughts came to mind when Max discussed Jacob's general lack of repentance?
- How can an accurate understanding of the gospel help us to more easily accept God's grace when we mess up?
- In what ways does Scripture reveal God's love to be relentless?
- How can the fact that God's love is relentless help you gain increased peace when you feel anxious and/or ashamed?
- What is one action step God might be asking you to take based on what you heard in this podcast episode?