Have you ever sensed God asking you to do something you knew some people closest to you wouldn't understand? Maybe you felt called to leave a lucrative career in order to accept a ministry position, to adopt a more frugal lifestyle in order to donate more to missions, or to drastically adjust your schedule in order to free up more time for God and your family, and you're afraid friends or family members will judge you. Perhaps that's how you feel now. In this episodes, Ava and Kelly discuss truths that can help us starve our fear of rejection and increase our confidence to courageously follow Christ, however He leads, even when those actions appear foolish to others.
(Scroll down for discussion/reflective questions?)
Find Ava Pennington:
On her website
Find Kelly Campbell:
Find Wholly Loved:
On their website
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Facebook Group
- What resonated with you most in today's episode?
- When has God called you to follow Him even at the risk of being misunderstood?
- How did you respond?
- What truths regarding God's heart and plans for you can you reflect upon the next time you fear others will find your God-led actions foolish?
- How does it feel to know that Jesus' family didn't always understand Him or His purposes?
- What does it mean to you as a follower of Jesus that He views you closer than a biological sister, brother, or mother?
- How are you encouraged to love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind?
- What is one action step God might be asking you to take, having listened to this episode?