Following after Jesus as He guides, grows and empowers us to become all He created us to be takes courage because He often leads us into new areas where we feel stretched, uncertain, and ill-equipped. In those places, we can respond in one of two ways: we can allow our fears to drive our actions, or we can turn to God, trust in Him, and find strength and courage through our ever-deepening dependence. In this episode, Rebecca George, author of Do the Thing: Gospel Centered Goals, Gumption, and Grace for the Go-Getter Girl shares what God has taught her about moving forward, even when we feel afraid. (Scroll down for discussion/reflective questions.)
Do the Thing: Gospel Centered Goals, Gumption, and Grace for the Go-Getter Girl
Find Rebecca George at:
Find Jennifer Slattery:
On her website
Find Wholly Loved:
On their website
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Facebook Group
- What are some ways you discern whether or not an idea or pursuit comes from God?
- How often do you tend to discount "small" tasks, opportunities, or roles?
- Why is it important to remain rooted in biblical truth as we pursue our callings or God-driven work?
- How can reflecting upon God's character increase our courage to step forward when we feel hesitant or afraid?
- What are some ways you strengthen yourself with truth when you feel tired or discouraged?
- What does it mean to you that, as a Christ-follower, the Holy Spirit resides in you?
- What might it look like to "partner with God" as you pursue your calling?
- What is one action step God might be asking you to take after listening to this podcast?