When assigned reading in school, did you ever search out the cliff notes? If so, you might appreciate this episode, in which we captured four powerful anxiety-fighting nuggets from our most popular episodes. For those who missed those episodes the first time they dropped, consider these your show notes designed to help you quickly zero in on some actionable steps you can take to decrease your anxiety and increase your peace. For those who caught those courage-bolstering discussions the first time, consider this a reminder as together we progress toward the soul-deep freedom Christ promised.
(Scroll down to find the group discussion questions)
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find Wholly Loved Ministries at:
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/442736966614671
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Group (also on Facebook):
Group Discussion or Personal Journal Questions:
- In the first episode segment, Dr. Neil T. Anderson discussed the imminence and potency of those things that cause fear. Consider something that regularly causes you anxiety. How imminent is that threat? How potent?
- Can you detect the lie fueling that fear? If not, I encourage you to take some time to pray and journal on this. If so, what is the lie?
- What is one truth Scripture provides that counters that lie?
- Consider Cathy Loerzel’s discussion on how we tend to store trauma in our bodies. Why is this important to recognize?
- According to Cathy, how can a dysregulated body affect our relationships and those we love?
- When discussing our “stored” traumas, Dr. Allender encourages us to tend to our stories with wisdom and kindness. What might that look like in your life?
- How does our trust in God and His desire to heal us give us the courage to begin to unpack our stories?
- Why is it important to have an emergency verse?
- What verse can you write on notecards, in your phone, regularly recite, and memorize to serve as your emergency verse to reflect upon the next time anxiety unexpectedly hits?