Learn about the Space for Art Foundation; how screen time helped kids in lockdown; and mold vs. cleaning product safety.
More from NASA astronaut Nicole Stott:
"Screen time" can be a social lifesaver for teens in lockdown — as long as it's the right kind by Cameron Duke
- Anwar, Y. (2021, September 2). Teenagers aren’t as lonely in lockdown if interacting positively online. Berkeley News. https://news.berkeley.edu/2021/09/02/teenagers-arent-as-lonely-in-lockdown-if-interacting-positively-online/
- Magis‐Weinberg, L., Gys, C. L., Berger, E. L., Domoff, S. E., & Dahl, R. E. (2021). Positive and Negative Online Experiences and Loneliness in Peruvian Adolescents During the COVID‐19 Lockdown. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 31(3), 717–733. https://doi.org/10.1111/jora.12666
Which is worse, mold or cleaning products? by Ashley Hamer (Listener question from Molly)
- Basic Facts about Mold and Dampness. (2021). https://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm
- Weinhold, B. (2007). A Spreading Concern: Inhalational Health Effects of Mold. Environmental Health Perspectives, 115(6). https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.115-a300
- Cleaning Supplies and Household Chemicals. (2015). Lung.org; https://www.lung.org/clean-air/at-home/indoor-air-pollutants/cleaning-supplies-household-chem
- Alexander, R. (2018, February 22). How Your Housecleaning Products Can Be Bad for Your Lungs. Healthline; Healthline Media. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-your-housecleaning-products-can-be-bad-for-your-lungs
- Dumas, O., Boggs, K. M., Quinot, C., Varraso, R., Zock, J., Henneberger, P. K., Speizer, F. E., Le Moual, N., & Camargo, C. A. (2019). Occupational exposure to disinfectants and asthma incidence in U.S. nurses: A prospective cohort study. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 63(1), 44–50. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajim.23067
- Svanes, Ø., Bertelsen, R. J., Lygre, S. H. L., Carsin, A. E., Antó, J. M., Forsberg, B., García-García, J. M., Gullón, J. A., Heinrich, J., Holm, M., Kogevinas, M., Urrutia, I., Leynaert, B., Moratalla, J. M., Le Moual, N., Lytras, T., Norbäck, D., Nowak, D., Olivieri, M., & Pin, I. (2018). Cleaning at Home and at Work in Relation to Lung Function Decline and Airway Obstruction. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 197(9), 1157–1163. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201706-1311oc
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.