A mother/daughter team was arrested after a botched Brazilian butt lift leads to the death of an aspiring social media star.
Karissa Rajpaul was undergoing her third procedure, conducted inside a private Encino home. She died from acute respiratory failure from dangerous silicone injections.
Detectives say these two untrained women arrested in the case, Libby Adame and her daughter Alicia Gomez, have been performing these procedures for years.
Joining Nancy Grace Today:
- Dr. Terry J. Dubrow MD, F.A.C.S., "Botched" and ""7 Year Stitch" on E!, Author: "Dr. and Mrs. Guinea Pig Present The Only Guide You'll Ever Need to the Best Anti-Aging Treatments", "The Dubrow Diet: Interval Eating to Lose Weight and Feel Ageless" and "The Dubrow Ket Fusion Diet”, www.drdubrow.com, Instagram/Twitter @drdubrow
- David Woodruff - Denver Trial Lawyers, Represented Emmalyn Nguyen's Family
- Dr. Bethany Marshall - Psychoanalyst (Beverly Hills, CA), DrBethanyMarshall.com, New Netflix show: 'Bling Empire' (Beverly Hills)
- Karen L. Smith - Forensic Expert, Lecturer at the University of Florida, Host of Shattered Souls Podcast, @KarensForensic, barebonesforensic.com
- Nicole Partin - CrimeOnline.com Investigative Reporter, Twitter: @nicolepartin