Eamonn Store is IN boardrooms changing the hearts, minds, and actions of some of the world's biggest companies. He’s the former CEO of The Guardian and current Founder & CEO of FairShare—an impact consultancy driven by the belief that “making a contribution to the World is no longer just a 'nice to have.'”
I call him a board whisper because he has the critical ability to get people in powerful seats to see past greed’s inherent blindness and come to truth.
We talk about capitalism’s many side effects—one being what Eamonn calls “addiction to winning,” and then move into how our current climate crisis, among other crises, can all see themselves in the face of this phenomenon.
Thankfully, it’s hard-TRUTH-facing conversations like this, with people like Eammon who put action behind their beliefs, that brings us to see what’s most important and most possible: we have to show up for each other.
We have to. We have no other choice.
Trust, when I say, this conversation brings layers of wisdom about the machine, about community, about change, and our ability to make it—with a lens on what it looks like to live life with a compass of contribution at North.
- Former CEO of The Guardian, North America
- Founder & CEO of FairShare, an Impact Consultancy that helps companies advance a Purpose beyond their product’s benefit and practices Conscious Commercialism, which “leverages the soul of your brand to the benefit of all while creating more long-lasting business value."
- Tools to help us give ourselves permission not to push for perfection when the world just needs us to show up
- Reflections that help us see our addiction to winning
- The importance of developing a worldview
- Reminders to give yourself permission to reflect on the last 5 years of your life with a compassion-centered lens
- Reminders to value stakeholders in business, rather than centering shareholders alone
- Questions to help you identify your true purpose
- Reflections that validate the difficulty of disappointment that comes with hoping corporates aligns with true purpose and impact
- You'll hear us also talk about YOUTH v GOV, a must-watch documentary
BETTER is recorded on the unceded and ancestral territory of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh speaking peoples, the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, and has been stewarded by them since time immemorial.
BETTER with Mark Brand is produced by Pamela Rothenberg of I HEAR YOU STUDIOS and Adam Karch with Orbyt Media with special support and assistance for today's episode from Sarah Burke.