The standard history - which Zach has touted and which we have repeated - states that Austin's regional theater was born in 1932. Not so it turns out. According to contemporary stories in newspaper archives now easily available online, what eventually became Zach premiered as the Austin Community Players in 1921. That troupe turned into the Austin Little Theatre in 1927. It took the name Austin Civic Theater in 1949 and Zachary Scott Theater Center in 1967.