Flute Socy. Program - October 15
Presented by Alan Aungles
This program features music for low-pitched flutes
Claude Bolling - "Affectueuse" from Jazz Suite No.2 for flutes and piano. James Galway, alto flute; Jorge Gomez, piano; Tebelio Fonte, bass guitar; Hilario Bell, percussion.
2. Claude Bolling - "Versatile" from Jazz Suite No.1 for flutes. Giovanni Rosselli, bass flute and normal flute; Roselli Quartet (Alberto Allibrandi, piano; Marco Panascia, electirc bass; Ruggero Rotolo, percussion).
3. Mattias Ziegler - Maschad for solo contrabass flute. Mattias Ziegler performing.
4. Gary Shocker - "Cantabile" from A Small Sonata for a Large Flute. Peters Sherdan, bass flute; Claire Cooper, piano.
5. Carolyn Morris - "Turquoise Sea" from Forest Over The Sea. Peters Sheridan, bass flute; Lisa-Marie Amos, alto flute; Carolyn Morris, piano.
6. Alex Shapiro - Below. Peter Sheridan, sub-contrabass flute; vocalisations of Pacific Humpback Whale.
7. Gustav Holst - Excerpt from "Neptune" from The Planets. London Philharmonic Orchestra; cond. Georg Sholti.
8. Maurice Ravel - Excerpt from Daphnis and Chloe Suite No.2. Berlin Philharmonic; cond. Herbert von Karajan.
9. Ciaran (Kieran) and Paul Brennan - Harry's Game. Gareth McLearnon, bass flute; Voces 8 vocal ensemble.
10. Paul Linke, arr Gedrun Hinze - Waltz - Unrequited Love. Christian Springer, bass flute; Quintessenz Flute Ensemble.
11. Ernest Kohler - "Bonsoir" Salon Piece. Quintessenz Flute Ensemble.